I’m speechless when it comes to Annie because she has been of the best friends a girl could ask for. We “met” through Twitter and she instantly become someone I can rely on for advice, support and true friendship. She’s been there for me through my many melt downs and I’m so thankful for her friendship. Annie, you are amazing and thank you so much for posting while I’m in panic prep mode!
- This had to be my #1 pick – a fabulous sun hat. Your skin will thank you, and you’ll look ultra glam. Hat, Forever 21
- A cute (and cheap) ruffled sandal for when you want to skip the flip flops. Ruffle sandal, Target $14.99 3. When on vacation in a tropical locale, its nice to go minimal on the makeup.
- A tinted lip balm with sunscreen is a must-have! TInted lip balm with SPF 15+ sunscreen, Mary Kay $13
- Skip the blow dryer and curling iron and opt for a wave spray for that sexy beachy tousled wavy look. A bonus? It has a built-in sunscreen to protect hair color and your scalp. Fekkai Marine Summer Hair Beach Waves spray, Nordstrom.com, $24
- More suncare! (Noticing a theme here? 🙂 A facial sunscreen and a body sunscreen in SPF 30+ are honeymoon must-haves. Take it from me, nothing is more of a romance buster on your honeymoon than a horrible sunburn – because who wants to get touched when they feel like a cooked lobster? Re-apply every two hours (more if you are in and out of the water). I like Clinique’s line of sunscreens by skin type, in face and body formulas. Clinique ‘Sun’ sunscreens, Nordstrom.com, $18-21
- Now that you’re all suncreened up, time to throw on a cute bikini and hit the pool or beach. I love the adorably sexy and affordable options from Gilly Hicks. ‘McHanons Point’ push-up bikini, Gilly Hicks, $34.50 and $19.50
- A bag that can go from poolside to town without missing a beat or requiring a purse switch is an absolute must. I love this nautical inspired option from Forever21. Nautical Striped Straw Tote, Forever21, $12.80
- Cute, cheap sunglasses are the best. You can lose them without hating yourself and look like you spent more on them. Sunglasses, Forever21, $5.80
- Back to the sun care front, should you get burnt (hey, it happens!) apply an after sun lotion to minimize the painful sunburn effects. Clinique ‘After Sun’ Lotion with Aloe, Nordstrom.com, $21
Some of my other must haves? A fabulous sun dress that can take you from day to night with just a switch of accessories, a stack of cheap bangles from Forever21, some travel games or cards for when you get bored or if it rains for days (it happens!), some warmer clothes in case its colder than you anticipated, and a camera to take lots of pictures with!